- Trade names: Oak Tree, Knotty Oak, Rustic Oak
- Origin: Europa
- Occurence: The most common tree species in the European forests, mostly as a stalk or sessile oak. Well-known places of origin for high-quality Furniereichen are Spessart and Pfalz in Germany as well as Troncais in France. From the mid-1990s increasing imports from Eastern Europe, where there are significant stocks of oak forests. Oaks are not present in Europe in central and northern Scandinavia and in western, central and southern Spain. Very good dimensions of more than 0.80 m are not rare.
- Uses: Burl wood for decorative veneer.
- Character: In the farms, the oak was formerly a sign of prosperity. One could afford to nurture and nurture these slow-growing trees. With appropriate size then furniture or construction beams were made of it. The heartwood is light brown to yellowish brown. It was in Germany for a long time the most common plywood for furniture. Especially in the 60s, 70s and 80s, the wood was also known as „rustic oak“. The strong and very durable oak wood is very versatile. Depending on the type of surface treatment, it looks classic or very modern. The Asteiche stands out from the oak through the wilder structure and the many branches.
- Particularities: The name of the Knotty Oak is based on your strong branch formation. It trains a lot of regular pin branches and water licks.
Natural product wood
Wood is a natural product, which can has colour differences and growth-related irregularities. Deviations in structure and colour are a quality feature for real wood. Growth, colour, structure and grain are unique in every tree and make every Gerber Humidor unique!
Digital illustrations of the wood samples are always only indicative picture and do not provide a guarantee.
Not all woods are available at all times and suitable for every Gerber Humidor. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.