- Trade names: Red oak, Turkey oak
- Origin: North America
- Occurence: Red Oak accures in the eastern and northern areas of the USA, southern Canada, naturalized in Central and Southern Europe for over 200 years, most common oak species in North America.
- Use: Furniture making, interior design, construction wood, door production. Plywood. Only very good blocks are used as knife wood. Also peeling veneer, furniture, door industry and construction wood. For use as a front veneer in the furniture or door area, the red oaks are paradoxically sought, which resemble in the color of the white oak, so are bright. In contrast to the white oak, it can not be used as a wood, because the pores are not verthyllt (clogged).
- Charakter: The color of Red Oak is light reddish to dark red. Compared to white oak, much larger in diameter; up to 2 meters.
- Particularities: Among the Celts, the „Eik“, as in many other cultures, considered sacred and due to their size, hardness and longevity paid particular attention. The red oak has firm, straight grained and slightly porous wood in a gentle, slightly reddish „fiery“ tone. On the longitudinal surfaces are – due to ring-shaped arranged earlywood vessels and sharply demarcated annual rings – striking flader or strip, which result in strikingly exquisite mirror designs.
Natural product wood
Wood is a natural product, which can has colour differences and growth-related irregularities. Deviations in structure and colour are a quality feature for real wood. Growth, colour, structure and grain are unique in every tree and make every Gerber Humidor unique!
Digital illustrations of the wood samples are always only indicative picture and do not provide a guarantee.
Not all woods are available at all times and suitable for every Gerber Humidor. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.