- Trade names: Cherry Tree, European Cherry
- Origin: Europe and Lower Asia
- Occurence: The Cherry Tree used and sought for the wood working industry is not cultivated in the garden but is the wild growing tree occurring in forest stands. It grows generally alone in mixed stands. Since its cultivation was neglected by the German forestry industry during many decades of monoculture it occurs in Germany considerably less than in France. This species, however, is very common and wide-spread in the Eastern European countries and since the collapse
of their communistic systems, most logs on the market have been bought there
- Use: Excellent and very exclusive veneer wood for the furniture industry and interior fixtures. Popular parquetry wood also held in high esteem in the piano industry
- Chracter: Warm, reddish orange color and unlike the American Cherry the veneer becomes more and more attractive and warmer in time. Often with slight green streaks. One of the most beautiful known furniture wood species.
- Particularities: Cherry Tree is ideal for polishing and gives a silky surface. European Cherry is used for fine cabinet work and is mainly used as plywood in interior design. Since the increasing demands in the equipment of the living area Cherry is the representative of a special type of wood: a wood of light color with fine pores, which despite its brightness is not colorless and despite its fine pores still has enough structure to any processing form and size the item to show a typical, but not intrusive wood character. So it is understandable that Cherry wood is always preferred when a piece of furniture like a humidor is characterized by solid and balanced forms that allow the wood in addition to technical features and a decorative effect, such. B. in the furniture of the Biedermeier period.
Natural product wood
Wood is a natural product, which can has colour differences and growth-related irregularities. Deviations in structure and colour are a quality feature for real wood. Growth, colour, structure and grain are unique in every tree and make every Gerber Humidor unique!
Digital illustrations of the wood samples are always only indicative picture and do not provide a guarantee.
Not all woods are available at all times and suitable for every Gerber Humidor. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.